Katie Villegas started with the Yolo County Children’s Alliance in 2006 as a part time Executive Director and YCCA’s only staff person. Since then she has grown the organization to 30 experienced staff and hundreds of volunteers annually as well as a multimillion dollar annual budget.
She has a proven ability to collaborate with community members, other community organizations, County agencies, elected officials, staff, volunteers and Board Members toward mutual goals and achievements. She is experienced in planning and presenting information to a variety of organizations and constituent groups, she has a proven ability to manage finances, adhere to a budget and to fundraise in California. Through her collaboration and natural ability to make connections, she has an extensive professional and community network with local, state, federal, and philanthropic leaders and stakeholders.
Katie has a Masters of Social Work from California State University, Sacramento with an emphasis in Community Organizing and Program Administration and also a Bachelors of Arts in Psychology from California State University, Sacramento.
Katie’s Honors and Awards:
- Yolo County Fair Board, 2007- Present
- Washington Unified School District Governing Board, 2012-2016
- Class XV in the American Leadership Forum (ALF), Mountain Valley Chapter, 2012
- Northern California Construction Training Center Board, 2008-2012
- Saint Francis High School, Distinguished Alumni, 2011
- West Sacramento Chamber of Commerce, Lifetime Achievement Award, 2011
- First 5 Yolo Commissioner, 2004-2009
- City of West Sacramento, Excellence in Civil Leadership Award for Service, 2007
- California State Legislature, Senate District 5, Woman of the Year, 2005
- Yolo County’s Most Inspiring Women, Award Recipient, 2004