Animal Services has long since outgrown the current location at 2640 East Gibson Road in Woodland, California. The Building has limited holding capacity, and cannot adequately support the rehabilitation of treatable animals. Space limits the programs and services that are offered to the public.
The existing shelter facility is decaying and in need of replacement. The two sections of the animal shelter in Yolo County were built in 1970 and 1974. They are old, inefficient, and, for the most part, unpleasant to visit. Modern shelters attract the public to come adopt pets, volunteer their services, purchase licenses and attend humane education classes. More importantly, modern shelters are designed for positive interaction between the public, animal professionals, and animals. Veterinary standards for shelters have advanced dramatically since the Yolo County shelter was constructed. Drainage, HVAC, mechanized cleaning systems, non-porous surfaces, high-walled kennels are among the systems that have been developed to control disease and reduce the effort needed to clean and disinfect animal areas.
We are no longer able to fulfill these needs in our current facility.
Animal Services is determined to take the necessary steps to play an integral role in the revitalization of our community by building a new state-of-the-art facility in Yolo County that will offer the programs and services proven to be lifesaving to animals.
Yolo County Animal Services took in 1,953 dogs last year.
Shop at Amazon
Donate while you shop at Amazon. Visit our Shop at Amazon page and choose from the many animal care supplies available for purchase. A portion of each sale will go to Unleashing the Possibilities, Inc.
You Can Start Building For The Future
Your support now will provide a new future for animal care & welfare in our community.
Unleashing the Possibilities, Inc. is a California Corporation, a 501(c)(3) entity, approved by the IRS, and your gift may be tax deductible. Tax ID No. 81-1840295
- Saving 90 – Places across CALIFORNIA that are saving 90+% of the animals in their community
- Pets Lost and Found in Davis – Facebook page helping connect lost pets with their owners in Davis
- Pets Lost and Found in Woodland – Facebook page helping connect lost pets with their owners in Woodland
- Pets Lost and Found in West Sacramento – Facebook page helping connect lost pets with their owners in West Sacramento
- Pets Lost and Found in Yolo County – Facebook page helping connect lost pets with their owners in Yolo County
- Adoptable Animals – Yolo County SPCA electronic listing of adoptable animals.
- Petfinder – You set the search criteria to find adoptable pets close to you in and around Yolo County
- Laughing Dogs Academy – Training through play with dog trainer Cayce Wallace at the Laughing Dogs Academy.